Last updated August 13, 2019.
- When I return to work this week, I’ll be working with Josh, Robin and Patrick on PR planning for our Fall schedule of classes and events.
- I’ll also be working on getting the new org website up and running.
- Inkstravaganza is on October 24th, so I’ll also be working on all the print items for that event.
Aztlan Libre Press
- We’ve been getting orders in from the Uni of Texas Rio Grande Valley (Emmy Pérez), and Uni of California in Santa Barbara (Ben Olguín) for copies of Amalia Ortiz’s The Canción Cannibal Cabaret & Other Songs—always super grateful when our books get picked up for college curriculums.
- If you’re interested in purchasing a copy of Amalia’s book, you can order it here. If you teach a class that could use it, let us know by emailing email@example.com—we’ll send you a review copy.
- The next thing we’ll be working on is book prize submissions.
- The new press website is up and running but it isn’t as impressive as I hoped it would be. I may look for another theme and move it over in the fall.
- Watch the full performance of Amalia Ortiz’s book launch at HowlRound.com. This took place on July 27, 2019 at the Guadalupe Theater.
- Check out the raving review from Rudolfo Anaya, for Amalia & The Canción Cannibal Cabaret.
Peru Trip / Travel
- We just got back from a 10-day trip to Peru. Spent time visiting Lima, Cuzco, Puno, Machu Picchu, we had long drives through the Sacred Valley, we visited the Floating Uros Islands of Lake Titicaca, and experienced the beauty of the Andes Mountain. I took lots of photos, which reminded me of how much I love photography, people, and traveling.
- Reading. Right now I’m reading Yuri Morales’ Signs Preceding the End of the World after seeing Patti Smith post it on her Instagram page.
- Logging-Typing. I start-stop logging (days) typing (old entries) in a Scrivener file. I admire David Sedaris’ method of noting throughout the day, typing up those notes the next morning (reading and revising), then binding the typed notes every few months. That’s discipline—he’s been doing it for years.
- Spanish. 20 minutes of LingQ a day helped quite a bit over 4 months, especially with my comprehension.
- Keto and IF. Working on cutting back on sugar and on lengthening the time I can fast (currently at 16-hours daily).
I’m still not working on personal projects much but would like to:
- Go through old poems and notebooks
- Figure out what to do with all the fragments
- Put Juan’s MAS info into a pamphlet for printing
- Design a planner that includes all the elements I like from others