Today I will get back to my reading list. My reading apps are a mess (and my home screen is “stressful,” according to Maya), but here’s what I’ve gathered from them anyway—and from my nightstand.
- The Faraway Nearby, Rebecca Solnit
- A Field Guide to Getting Lost, Rebecca Solnit
- Love War Stories, Yvelisse Rodriguez
- Ultralight The Zen Habits Guide to Traveling Light & Living Light, Leo Babauta
- There There, Tommy Orange
- Wanderlust, Rebecca Solnit
- Catalog of Unabashed Gratitude, Ross Gay
- Crazy Brave, Joy Harjo (who has just been named our first Native American U.S. Poet Laureate)
- Conversation in the Cathedral, Mario Vargas Llosa
I wanted to read a novel by a Peruvian author and came across this Llosa book, but it is so dense and rambling at 600 pages, I’m not sure I will finish it (I am barely on page 75). Why hasn’t this been made into a movie?
- I also just ordered Tortured Barrio Songs by Reyes Cardenas